Emergency Action Planning



Citizen Action

Citizens Action

An EAP and Flood Insurance logo
External link

If you live or have a business in a hazard area below a HHP dam, an EAP can provide warning so that emergency management workers can help with evacuation and shelter in the event of a breach. But flood insurance can help with the recovery afterward. There have been several significant changes to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through legislation in Congress. Meanwhile, there are information sources to review to determine whether you need flood insurance and how to get it.

A good place to start is at Here are some excerpts from that website, which is provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). An overview of the recent changes to the NFIP may be found at